Sunday 6 December 2009

Week 14 - Saturday


Week 14 has been a slightly better week for me so far.

I ended Saturday with 78 points, with decent contributions from Richard Dunne, the quite excellent James Milner, Rooney, Vermaelen, Nasri, Alexander & O'Hara. Drogba was dissapointing & Kirkland received negative points for a loss after going off injured with the score at 1-0.

I've moved up around 300 places with 2 players still to go today. I need big performances from both to get up to the 100 point mark, but it's certainly possible. I must admit I was dissapointed to only score 78 when I had 3 goals (2 match winning) & 2 clean sheets, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. A Defoe hattrick & a goal for Duff would do the trick today :)

On the barndoor I grabbed one player for the double week - Sebastian Larsson. I'm going to keep the Defoe, Drogba & Rooney strikeforce, O'Hara could stay for his consistancy, Alexander & Vermaelen will probably stay too & I'm looking to make some decisions on my midfield revolving around Valencia (missed barndoor), Kranjcar, Reid, Lampard & Matty Taylor. I have no idea who I'll get in goal or who my 3rd defender will be.

Let me know how your Week 14 is going so far. Any barndoor work? If Yahoo sort out the Sunday points quickly this evening then the1st round results of The AM Challenge could be up tonight, so be sure to keep checking back! The cut-off at the moment is 48 points...

Cheers,
AM

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

AM - as of now whats the cut off for the AM Cup 2nd Round Qualification?

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!
Go to *Google.com*
Type *Find Chuck Norris*
Then click on the *I'm Feeling Lucky* button Look at the results page and go lol!
PS-I swear it is SO lol..!! : )

Ian Sanderson said...

A bit (A BIT) of an unlucky day for me.
Firstly Vidic didn't make the starting line up, then poor old Jummy hobbled off, next Kirkland left the field and to cap things off Fab missed a penalty.
This left me with 28.5 points with Verm, Baird and Bily to go.
Once again I'll now be able concentrate on the FF league without the cup distraction.

Ban said...

end up with 96.50point in the First Day.. Today is Just for Defoe in my Team..

Anonymous said...

Bassong maybe the 3rd defender?

Owain said...

I grabbed Larsson, Benitez and Valencia in the BD. Also picked up Given but i think im going to go with Fulop instead. Dropped Giggs who i had for 12 though because im not convinced he's going to play both games. Hope this wasn't a mistake!!

Anonymous said...

PLAYERS I PICKED FOR DOUBLE GAMERS.....
ROBINSON
VERMALEN BASSSONG FERREIRA
KRANJCAR LARSSON ARSHAVIN VALENCIA
ANELKA DIAMANTI .......

LEFT WITH 5.96, STILL NEEDS ONE FORWARD.
DROPPED DROGBA, SINCE HE HAS 4 YELLOW CARDS, AND WITH THE DUOBLE GAMERS, THERE IS A 50-50 CHANCE HE MIGHT GET ANOTHER YELLOW, WHICH WILL RESULT TO MISSING ONE GAME.....

Anonymous said...

is Larsson really a good choice or are we all being blinded by his two goal haul? I keep points chasing and it keeps backfiring!

Anonymous said...

hi.. 1stly.. i really disappointed with eduardo.. dont make the bench.. erm.. and then kirkland.. arghh.. but all my def have clean sheet, but just ave points.. luckily i have arsh n milner.. tonite i've lennon and duff.. hope got goals.. lot of.. my strikers just have 4 points between them.. drog, eduardo, yayga.. erm..

Anonymous said...

Eduardo had a muscle injury

Sulldaddy said...

I think bassong is a good defneder pick. SPurs have good matchups and appear to be clicking, and you cant beat the price. Grabbed Valencia on the BD and will be dropping dempsey and duff for some MFs, Im also looking at Lampard as Chelsea have good games coming up, and I feel he may want to make up for the missed PK. drogba and rooney are nailed into 2 FWs and BD benitez for now to help afford Lampard or perhaps Mtaylor. in MF.
Kirkland hurt me a bit, does his -2 score reflect only the loss and not the Goals against?

Anonymous said...

IS DROGBA A WISE CHOICE FOR THE DOUBLE GAMES, SINCE HE HAS 4 YELLOW CARDS....

Anonymous said...

Picks for next (double game) week:

Cech
RoJo/Bassong/McCartney
Larsson/KMac/Gibsy/Steed
Chucho/Drog/DBent

Didn't take enough risks last week and clearly showed. Fell out of the top 2000 for the first time in a long while.

brianonymous

Anonymous said...

Anyone like Peter Crouch for the DB I dont have the money for Defoe.

Anonymous said...

bought a reid, arsh, seb lars, j cole & g neville on BD. Still got eduardo, so wait for inj news on him and g nev. might have to ride out these 2 games for almunia as he could be a nice long term hold-touch wood. S.P.

Post a Comment