Thursday 30 July 2009

1 Game For Fulham...


Bobby Zamora inspired Fulham to a 3-0 away win vs FK Vetra, meaning they are pretty much (barring a monumental collapse in the 2nd leg) through to the next stage of the Europa League. This means their midweek fixture against Blackburn scheduled for 18th August is almost certain to be cancelled. This would leave us with just 12 teams with 2 games in Week 1 .

Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Wigan, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Stoke, Hull, Birmingham, Wolverhampton & Burnley.

I will be picking my Week 1 team from these 12.

P.S. A goal, an assist and a penalty won by Zamora, all in a single game? That's more than he did throughout the whole of last season! Could he be a player to keep an eye on this year...?

No, probably not.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Hmmm, interesting, but I'm not so sure about Zamora just yet LOL. Consider the competition against which he scored, and for me, the fact that he went all season last year barely producing anything of note. It's a wait-and-see with him as far as I'm concerned. If I'm looking for a cheap striker, I'd be tempted to look elsewhere right now, perhaps even at ones from promoted teams, or Frazier Campbell (4.xx).

Assistant Manager said...

Agreed Dave, i'll be steering clear of Zamora...he only scored 2 goals in 35 games last season! There are actually still rumours he could be heading to Hull before 15th August, we shall see.

Dave said...

LOL re: Zamora to Hull (still rumoured). If so, he'd be playing within arguably less service from the MF than at Fulham, so I can't really see that improving his YFF chances. Zamora = no thanks, even on a bad day LOL>

Assistant Manager said...

Yeah I agree - that's why my final line of the piece is "No, probably not"

:)

Anonymous said...

Portsmouth hull burnley?? wtf?

Post a Comment